Dance Arts Institute (formerly The School of Toronto Dance Theatre) is one of Canada’s leading dance training centres and offers training programs for professional and recreational dancers of all ages from its studio and office space in Toronto’s Regent Park community. Dance Arts strives for artistic excellence in teaching, stays vitally aware of ongoing developments in the art form of dance, provides stable administration and financial management, and maintains a strong and responsible Board of Directors. Through its dedication to excellence, Dance Arts has remained at the forefront of training in contemporary dance in Canada for over fifty years.
Dance Arts is in search of a Facilities Coordinator to join its team in a part-time permanent position. The ideal candidate is a self-motivated, hardworking and detail-oriented individual who will care for and maintain our facilities at Daniels Spectrum, 585 Dundas Street East. The facilities include three dance studios, change room facilities, kitchenette, common area and offices in the first-floor unit, and offices on the second floor.
Reporting to the Managing Director and working under the direction of the Production & Operations Manager, the Facilities Coordinator will work closely with administrative staff and artistic personnel, to contribute to the day-to-day operations and overall promotion of Dance Arts Institute.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Your goal in this position is to perform general cleaning activities within the established guidelines for health and safety, infection control and quality management.
- You are able to work independently and as a team, you communicate effectively with colleagues, staff and renters, and provide excellent customer service.
- This position contributes to the shared responsibility of ensuring health and safety policies are followed to provide for a healthy environment.
- This role contributes significantly to community building and in representing our values
- Reception duties
On a practical level, you will
- Work safely in accordance with the Occupational Health & Safety Act, Workplace Hazardous Material Information System (WHMIS), and other work related regulations
- Have a good understanding of chemical and equipment use, including vacuum cleaners
- Have the ability to read, write English and follow written instructions
- Be able to walk, stand, reach, kneel and lift weights up to 30 lbs. and push carts on wheels
- Dust, sweep and damp mops floors
- Clean washrooms and common areas
- Collect garbage and handle waste
- Replenish supplies
- Previous cleaning experience is desirable
- Ability to read, write English and follow written instructions
- Ability to communicate with colleagues and staff
- Ability to work independently or as a team
- Strong customer service skills
Particulars of the position:
The role is a permanent part-time hourly position.
Schedule: Monday to Friday, evening shifts generally from 5pm – 10pm. Some weekends are required.
Hourly Rate: $19.00 per hour
How to apply:
To be considered for this position, please send a cover letter, resume in one PDF document, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5 p.m. ET on June 23, 2023 Please no phone calls.
Consideration of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Dance Arts Institute is committed to creating a welcoming, respectful and inclusive work environment. We welcome and encourage applications from all people regardless of race, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, or sexual orientation.
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage all qualified individuals to apply, however Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority.
We thank applicants for their interest, however, only those advancing in the process will be contacted.
Dance Arts Institute
585 Dundas St E, Unit 130
Toronto, ON M5A 2B7